Border Riding is a game about maps, boundaries, borders, and the way we use rituals to maintain and shape our community.
At a glance:
- GM-less map drawing game.
- 3 to 6 players (solo and duo modes also included.)
- Played over rounds, with each player taking the lead.
- Invent a community, and watch it face challenges over the passing years.
- Create a series of maps that stack atop one another. Hold them up to a window at the end of play to see redrawn lines shine through onto the present.
- Requires 2D6, pens, 10 to 20 sheets of paper, 1 to 2 hours to play.
Find out more on the itch.io page!
Deluxe Edition: + 'On Common Riding'. An essay on the history behind the tradition of Common Ridings in the Scottish Borders. Explores the tradition's roots, how it has changed over the centuries, and its modern form of social pageantry. Unlocked through the original crowdfunding campaign.